THE 5 COMMANDEMENTS OF GOALTENDING by Phil Myre
1. EYE ON THE PUCK: Just like catching a ball, you must focus on the puck from start to finish: from the time the stick makes contact to when it finally hits you.
2. BODY ON THE PUCK: That simply means that you need to be in good position with the puck lined up in the middle of your body and knowing where your net is.
3. LET THE PUCK HIT YOU: Simplify your game and have patience. The puck will come to you; you don’t have to chase it. Overactive goalies often get out of position and have to rely on reflexes too much.
4. CONTROL THE REBOUND: If you have to give a rebound, try to control where it goes. It needs to be in the least dangerous area where the opponents are least likely to get the puck and make an easy play.
5. RECOVERY: This is very important. You must be ready for the next shot quickly and effectively.